TO THE PARENTS
- Check the ward's diary everyday to note the homework or any other instructions given.
- Parents are requested to co-operate with the school in its attempt to help the children's progress, discipline and their studies.
- Parents are welcome to visit the school to discuss their ward's progress or to meet the Principal, Vice Principal and teachers only by prior appointments. They can also communicate with the teachers through the pages allotted in the diary.
- Parents must observe the correct quarantine period for infectious diseases and make sure not to send the children back to school before they are fully recovered. In such cases, a medical certificate must be produced on their return.
- Please inform the school if there is any change in location, address or telephone no. of the residence.
- Periodic Parent-Teacher meetings will be informed by the school in writing.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Being a home away from home, it is vital to maintain the integrity of AI Amana by adhering to a sense of decorum and general good behaviour. The rules that govern this behaviour serve to protect those who are a part of AI Amana. They also help in building a great environment for the sharpening of young minds.
The rules below are not meant to inhibit you during your stay at AI Amana but rather to nurture you to become a responsible and dignified member of the AI Amana community. Please read them carefully as they will help you enjoy your time spent at the school.
- Punctuality is to be strictly observed. All students must be in the school premises no later than 7.45 a.m. All students must attend the assembly. The school will not be held responsible for students, who remain in the school, after School hours, ie. (1:45 pm). School gates will be closed at 2:00 pm.
- Students should maintain good attendance throughout the year.
- Students must behave well on the way to and from school. Late comers will not be admitted to the classes.
- The students must be in full uniform in the school campus and the school bus.
- Late-coming, irregular attendance, disobedience of any kind is subject to action and can lead to the student's suspension from the school.
- The cost of repairs caused by any kind of damage to the school property will be borne by the students concerned.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal/Administrator
- Speaking of English is enforced within the school premises and school buses.
- In case of short/long absence from school, the class teacher is to be informed in writing by the parents.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Young people who are given the privilege of joining the AI Amana School fraternity should be aware that as member of this institution, they carry the responsibility of upholding its identity with dignity and pride. As the school's ambassadors, students are expected :
- To be kind, considerate and upright human beings, always ready to offer encouragement and lend a helping hand.
- To behave courteously to all, regardless of colour or religion, always respecting the liberty and rights of others.
- To look upon fellow humans from all walks of life as brethren, avoiding rudeness and vulgarity at all times.
- To make every effort to contribute their share in making the world a better place to live in.
- Not to bring large sum of money, expensive items or mobile phones to school. The school is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
- To possess the courage of their convictions; never hesitating to say a firm 'no' when asked to do a thing, which they know to be wrong, however tempting it might seem.
- Never to be cruel, knowing that cruelty is the trait of bullies and low self esteem, while kindness is the mark of gentility and strength.
- To be respectful to others' property. Any student caught stealing will be given a warning or possible suspension.
- To treat staff and fellow students in a friendly and respectful manner at school and outside school; always rising to wish any teacher or elder politely and offering assistance voluntarily without the need to be prompted.