“Every child is a God given Amana, to be educated and developed into balanced individuals with
AL AMANA PARENT COUNCIL
Welocme to the Parent Council Section of our website
At Al Amana Parent Council is in place to support the communication and interaction
between parents/students and the school.
At Al Amana, parental involvement is welcomed and recognized as being essential in developing a strong
partnership between parents and the school.
- We strongly believe that Parents make an enormous difference to their child’s chances of success in school,
at home and in their later life. Working in partnership with your child’s school can help them to succeed.
- Research has shown that children do better if their parents are involved in their education. Whatever that
sphere of involvement may be it is greatly appreciated and encouraged.
- The school will be the key contact for the Parent Council and it will be important to work together in
orders to support each other.
- The School Counselor will be the coordinator for the Parent Council. It will be important to work together in
order to support each other.
Parent Council for the year 2017-18
The first Parent Council meeting for Session 2017-18 was held on the 2nd of October ‘17.
Second meeting was held on 4th of December’17 to elect the members for the Parent council. We are
pleased to announce the following members that were elected
Congratulations to all elected members of Al Amana Parent Council.
President : Mr. Masood Qamber
Vice President : Mr. Mohammed Faiaz
Spoke Person : Ms.Khadeeja Mansoor
Treasurer : Mr. Roomi Nizar
Parent Head : Ms. Nadia Mohammed
Activity In charge : Ms. Uzma Aamir
1. Ms. Nada Medani
2. Ms. Ambreen Naz
3. Ms. Muneeza Farsheed
4. Dr. Naveed
Ms. Aliaa Farid
Ms. Aneesha Hafeez
Ms. Sameena Shiji
The President of the Parent Council will act as the link between the School and the Parent Council.
Should you wish to share your views/ opinions/ suggestions with the Parent Council members please do use the
At Al Amana Private School we strongly believe that Parents make an enormous difference to their child’s chances of
success in school, at home and in their later life. Working in partnership with your child’s school can help them to
Keep “Student at the Center” in all Activities and conversations.
Objectives of the Parent Council
- Contribute to the affirmation and consolidation of Islamic values and positive behaviors and
enhancing the identity of the students.
- Creating an appropriate educational climate to strengthen the relationship between the parents
and school community, leading to greater cooperation between the two
- Enhancing the involvement of parents in the educational process and raising their views and
suggestions to the competent authorities.
- Supporting the efforts of schools and educational institutions and innovation as a radiation
center that contribute to develop the environment and local community.
- Coordinating and cooperating with the community institutions of the area to support the
educational process and provide the necessary requirements for its success and work to
improve its level.
The Parent Council is tasked to:
- Work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school community.
- Encourage links between the school and it’s pupils, parents/carers and the wider community.
- Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- Report actions taken to the Parent Council.
- Encourage participation of all parents/carers and pupils in Community work for the enhancements of the school
and the community
- Deal with issues that have a bearing on the school, or potential bearing, upon the whole school. Concerns or
queries about children as individuals should be addressed to the relevant member of school staff.
- Encouraging the development of better communication links between the school and parents/carers.
- Raising the profile of the Parent Council.
- Holding and supporting Community events and initiatives.
- An ongoing subcommittee working on building strong relationships between the school and the community.
- An ongoing subcommittee working with the school on careers advice for pupils.
We are always looking for ways to build on these achievements. If you would like to become involved, or have an
and information you can also “like” us on Facebook at “Al Amana Private School Parent Council”
Help us to help them ‘Let Their Light Shine’
AAPS MISSION “To discover the students’ potential, nurture and transform them into responsible world citizens”